Why IUP FH UGM
Law has an ever-increasing impact on modern-day society. The role of law is growing and developing within the context of international relations, national structures, and relationships between individuals.
FH UGM has a long and well-established tradition of excellent legal education in Indonesia. This institution is well known as both one of the oldest law schools in the country and one of the best. FH UGM has educated lawyers in Indonesia for over six decades. There are now around 1,800 students at the undergraduate and graduate levels pursuing exemplary legal education in the Faculty. Providing instructions for these students is a body of academic staff of over 90 lecturers whose expertise extends across nearly every aspects of the law.
To be an undergraduate program which has international orientation, competitiveness spirit and is inspired by Pancasila, the five-point ideology for the interest of the nation.
- To conduct international standard education in undergraduate degree program;
- To fulfill the need of legal expert who has good conduct, global insight and has international competitiveness for benefit of national interest;
- To develop critical thought and to give knowledge and skill towards students to understand and apply legal perspective and regulations with global perspective;
- To collaborate with stakeholders in the country and related institution in international level.
Areas of Concentration
The IUP Faculty of Law UGM academically focuses on three innovative legal areas of concentration namely Business law, International Law, Constitutional Law. The distribution of concentration courses are as follows:
- Company Law
- Banking Law and Regulation
- Agreement in the WTO
- Capital Market Law
- Insurance Law
- Competition Law
- International Human Rights Law
- International Dispute Resolution
- Law of Treaties
- Law of the Sea
- Diplomatic Law
- International Criminal Law
- Comparative Constitutional Law
- Executive-Legislative Relations
- Indonesian Judiciary
- Electoral Law
- Local Government Law
- The Presidency
The program requires 144 credits of courses, including fieldwork or internship and thesis. The standard duration for the program is 4 years comprise 8 semesters. Graduating from IUP Faculty of Law Universitas Gadjah Mada, a student will be granted of S.H. (Sarjana Hukum) equivalent with LL.B (Legum Baccalaureus).
- Dual Degree from University of South Carolina USA (S.H., J.D.), from Maastricht University (S.H., LL.B) and from Charles Darwin University (S.H., LL.B.)
- Exchange Program with Partners Universities (Erasmus University Rotterdam, University of Groningen, Utrecht University, University of Toulouse1 Capitole, Nagoya University) and many more
- International Workshop and Seminar
- Intensive Legal Writing Course
- Visiting Professors
- Two times Internship in government offices, private offices & Prominent International offices