Once the draft of the Legal Research is submitted and approved by the supervisor, the student will be assigned a date for the Defense by the Secretariat. In the defense a board of examiners consisting of three lecturers will verbally examine the student with respect to the quality of his or her Legal Research.
In order to be assigned a Defense date, a student needs to prepare Legal Research draft signed by Legal Research Supervisor (three copies) and the soft copy of the following documents, upon express approval by the Legal Research Supervisor;
- Application form signed by Legal Research Supervisor;
- Academic Transcript signed by Head for Academic and Students Affairs;
- Copy of Student Card;
- One piece of recent colored photograph;
- Copy of Legal Research Consultation Record signed Legal Research Supervisor;
- Printed Study Plan (KRS)of current semester;
- Receipt of latest tuition fee;
- Certificate in participating an international activity; and
- Complete the Legal Research Defense Application
- To join Graduation Ceremony on February, all the required documents shall be submitted to Academic Secretariat of IUP on the first week of January for the latest.
- To join Graduation Ceremony on May, all the required documents shall be submitted to Academic Secretariat of IUP on the first week of April for the latest.
- To join Graduation Ceremony on August, all the required documents shall be submitted to Academic Secretariat of IUP on the first week of July for the latest.
- To join Graduation Ceremony on November, all the required documents shall be submitted to Academic Secretariat of IUP on the first week of October for the latest.
- Secretariat will give an announcement regarding the schedule of the Legal Research defense
- Student defends his/her Legal Research on the D day before the board of examiners
- The date of the Defense shall be announced immediately upon submission of all required documents. The Defense date shall generally be one week after the submission of documents.
- The Defense shall be held verbally before a board of three examiners in one sitting.
- The duration of a Defense shall not generally exceed one hour.
On the day of the Defense:
- Only the following documents are admissible into the examination room:
- Student ID and a hard copy thereof;
- His or her own copy of the Legal Research draft; and
- Pen or pencil or highlighter.
- The outfit for the Defense shall be as follows:
- Men: white long-sleeve dress shirt, black necktie, black trousers, dress shoes; or
- Women: white long-sleeve dress shirt, black necktie, black skirt, dress shoes.
- Florencia Irena Gunawan (14/359231/HK/19779) “Legal Regulation on the Implementation of Financial Service Authority Regulation Number 77/POJK.01/2016 Concerning Peer-to-Peer-Lending and How Peer-to-Peer-Lending Influences the Development of Conventional Banks in Indonesia” on Friday, 18 May 2018 at 10.30 in IV.2.11A.
- Diaz Pramudya Hakem (3/343026/HK19352) “Analysis of Copyright Law Protection Regarding Song Composed By Sampling Methods Between Indonesia and United States” on Wednesday 30 May 2018 at 12.00 in IV.2.11A.
- Wyncent Halim (14/367971/HK/20185) “Analysis On Possible Legal Arguments And Security Expectations Defense in WTO Disputes Concerning Boycott on Trade in Services Against Qatar” Thursday, 31 May 2018 at 14.00 in IV.2.11A
- Ardhitia Prawira (14/368181/HK/20189) “An Approach In Cases of Exclusionary Conduct Under Indonesian Competition Law: A Comparative Study of US Antitrust Law” on Monday 25 June 2018 at 10.00 in IV.2.11A
- Cintya Shifwah Saraswati (14/368528/HK/20192) “Effectiveness of Mediation As a Measure To Settle and Prevent Copyrights Violation: Study Case of Iqra vs Jawa Pos” on Tuesday 3 July 2018 at 11.00 in IV.2.11A
- Muhammad Luthfiyanto (11/314352/HK/18765) “Accommodation of Transparency and Fairness Principle of Good Corporate Governance in Acquisition Process and its Effect toward the Protection of Shareholder in Indonesian Capital Market” on Tuesday 10 July 2018 at 12.00 in IV.2.11A
- Rildi Triandana Rildo (14/368799/HK/20203) “The Urgency on the Ratification of Geneva Act of the Lisbon Agreement on Appellations of Origin and Geographical Indications to Protect Geographical Indications in Indonesia” on Wednesday 11 July 2018 at 13.00 in IV.2.11A
- Agradinda Adhistita (14/368699/HK/20200) “The Responsibility of Legal Analyst in the Implementation of Credit Approval at PT. Bank Nationalnobu.Tbk Jakarta” on Thursday, 12 July 2018 at 15.00 in IV.2.11A
- Alya Syafina (14/359258/HK/19791) “Legal Protection for Consumer in Electronic Money Payment Services according to the Bank Indonesia Regulation No. 20/6/PBI/2018 concerning Electronic Money” on Friday, 13 July 2018 at 13.00 in IV.2.11A.
- Bidadari Mahardhika Respaty (14/361157/HK/19818) “Legal Protection of E-Money Holders with Telkomsel as the Provider of the Payment System Services and Conventional Banks as the Holder of Funds” on Tuesday, 17 July at 09.00 in IV.2.11A.
- Adinda Dian K (14/359259/HK/19792) “The Implementation of Common Reporting Standard (Crs) And Potential Impact Towards The Banking Industry: A Comparative Study Between Indonesia And Singapore Regulation” on Tuesday 17 July 2018 at 10.00 in IV.2.11B
- Nyimas Sheila Luthfiah (13/350326/HK/19677) “Legal Impact of Australia’s Tobacco Plain Packaging Requirement Towards the Export of Indonesian Tobacco” on Tuesday 17 July at 11.30 in IV.2.11A.
- Inka Rinela Rampengan (12/327740/HK/18994) “A Legal Analysis of The Importance of Mandatory Pre- Notification System in Merger and Acquisition Under The Indonesian Competition Law (Case study: Carrefour & Alfamart)” on Tuesday, 17 July at 15.30 in IV.2.11A
- Rajendra Arif Purba Buana (13/1343140/HK/19366) “The Well-Known Trademark Protection under The Law Number 20 Years 2016 Regarding Marks and Geographical Indications” on Wednesday 18 July 2018 at 09.00 in IV.2.11B
- Rosalia Imelda Clara Sikteubun (13/344094/HK/19383) “Readiness of Peer-to-Peer Lending Startup in Implementing Anti-Money Laundering and Counter-Terrorism Financing Program during the 4 Years Grace Period (Study Case of PT Mitrausaha Indonesia Grup)” on Wednesday 18 July 2018 at 10.00 in IV.2.11A
- Adil Igman Ramadhan (13/350346/HK/19684) “The Legal Analysis on OJK’s Role upon BAPMI Arbitration Decisions with regards to the POJK on Customer Protection with the Case Study of Bank P vs. PT. NSI” on Tuesday, 31 July 2018 at 10.00 in IV.2.11A.
- AA Istri Rosa M (14/359254/HK/19789) “Comparative Study on The Implementation of The Minimum Protection Principle Under TRIPS Agreement and Trademark Law Between Indonesia and Australia” on Friday, 10 August 2018 at 10.00 in IV.2.11A
Please note that in order to get the grade, a student who passed the Legal Research Defense, s/he shall;
- Submit compact disk containing soft copy of final draft of Legal Research, which has been revised and signed by examiners, Head of Department and Dean, format PDF;
- Show the hard copy of final draft of Legal Research, which has been revised and signed by examiners, Head of Department and Dean; and
- Submit above documents to the academic office at 1st floor of Building II Faculty of Law UGM.