Once the draft of the Legal Research is submitted and approved by the supervisor, the student will be assigned a date for the Defense by the Secretariat. In the defense a board of examiners consisting of three lecturers will verbally examine the student with respect to the quality of his or her Legal Research.
In order to be assigned a Defense date, a student needs to prepare Legal Research draft signed by Legal Research Supervisor (three copies) and the soft copy of the following documents, upon express approval by the Legal Research Supervisor;
- Application form signed by Legal Research Supervisor;
- Academic Transcript signed by Head for Academic and Students Affairs;
- Copy of Student Card;
- One piece of recent colored photograph;
- Copy of Legal Research Consultation Record signed Legal Research Supervisor;
- Printed Study Plan (KRS)of current semester;
- Receipt of latest tuition fee;
- Certificate in participating an international activity; and
- Complete the Legal Research Defense Application
- To join Graduation Ceremony on February, all the required documents shall be submitted to Academic Secretariat of IUP on the first week of January for the latest.
- To join Graduation Ceremony on May, all the required documents shall be submitted to Academic Secretariat of IUP on the first week of April for the latest.
- To join Graduation Ceremony on August, all the required documents shall be submitted to Academic Secretariat of IUP on the first week of July for the latest.
- To join Graduation Ceremony on November, all the required documents shall be submitted to Academic Secretariat of IUP on the first week of October for the latest.
- Secretariat will give an announcement regarding the schedule of the Legal Research defense
- Student defends his/her Legal Research on the D day before the board of examiners
- The date of the Defense shall be announced immediately upon submission of all required documents. The Defense date shall generally be one week after the submission of documents.
- The Defense shall be held verbally before a board of three examiners in one sitting.
- The duration of a Defense shall not generally exceed one hour.
On the day of the Defense:
- Only the following documents are admissible into the examination room:
- Student ID and a hard copy thereof;
- His or her own copy of the Legal Research draft; and
- Pen or pencil or highlighter.
- The outfit for the Defense shall be as follows:
- Men: white long-sleeve dress shirt, black necktie, black trousers, dress shoes; or
- Women: white long-sleeve dress shirt, black necktie, black skirt, dress shoes.
- Wyncent Halim (14/367971/HK/20185) “Analysis On Possible Legal Arguments And Security Expectations Defense in WTO Disputes Concerning Boycott on Trade in Services Against Qatar” Thursday, 31 May 2018 at 14.00 in IV.2.11A
- Adil Igman Ramadhan (13/350346/HK/19684) “The Legal Analysis on OJK’s Role upon BAPMI Arbitration Decisions with regards to the POJK on Customer Protection with the Case Study of Bank P vs. PT. NSI” on Tuesday, 31 July 2018 at 10.00 in IV.2.11A.
- AA Istri Rosa M (14/359254/HK/19789) “Comparative Study on The Implementation of The Minimum Protection Principle Under TRIPS Agreement and Trademark Law Between Indonesia and Australia” on Friday, 10 August 2018 at 10.00 in IV.2.11A
- Clara Natalia S (14/361156/HK/19817) “Legal Analysis on the Implementation of Domestic Market Obligation Clause in Production Sharing Contract Towards General Agreement on Tariffs and Trade (GATT) Quantitative Restriction” on Wednesday, 10 October 2018 at 10.00 in IV.2.11A
- Sheila Noor Baity (14/361220/HK/19838) “An Analysis on the Law Number 19 of 2013 Concerning Protection and Empowerment of Farmers towards the WTO Agreements Regarding Quantitative Restrictions” on Monday, 15 October 2018 at 09.00 in IV.2.11A
- Randy Abirawa (14/361173/HK/19822) “The Mechanism of Shipping in Adherence to International Sales Law by the Defense Ministry of the Republic of Indonesia in Military Aircraft Export Credit Procurement Transaction” on Monday, 15 October 2018 at 10.00 in IV.2.11A.
- Arindiadini Ariyanti (14/361192/HK/19827) “Consumer Legal Protection on E-Commerce Transaction: A Comparative Study Between Indonesia and Japan Concerning on E-Commerce” on Monday 15 October 2018 at 11.00 in IV.1.6
- Arum Putri Anindita D (14/361174/HK/19823) “Legal Analysis on the Implementation of Regulatory Sandbox in Testing Digital Payment System in Indonesia (Comparative Study of Indonesia and the United Kingdom Regulatory Sandbox)” on Tuesday, 16 October at 11.00 in IV.2.11A
- Erika Angelin Wijaya (14/359235/HK/19780) “A Comparative Study Between Indonesia and the United States of America on Mechanism of Trademark Protection Against Unfair Competition” on Tuesday, 16 October 2018 at 12.00 in IV.2.11A (Updated)
- Javas Mesa Briantama (13/343115/HK/19359) “A Legal Analysis Towards Monopoly Practice by PT Perusahaan Gas Negara (Persero) Tbk Regarding Industrial Gas Price Determination in Medan Pursuant to Law No. 5 of 1999 (Case Study: KPPU Decision No. 09/KPPU-L/2016))” on Wednesday, 17 October 2018 at 15.00 in IV.2.11A
- Kemal Rayoza Imansyah (13/350313/HK/19672) “Legal Analysis Towards Contract Interpretation Regarding Backdated Amendment of Contract and Tacit Acceptance (Case Study: BANI Arbitral Award PT Asia Petrocom Services v. JOB Pertamina Medco E&P Tomori Sulawesi)” on Wednesday, 17 October 2018 at 16.00 in IV.2.11A
Please note that in order to get the grade, a student who passed the Legal Research Defense, s/he shall;
- Submit compact disk containing soft copy of final draft of Legal Research, which has been revised and signed by examiners, Head of Department and Dean, format PDF;
- Show the hard copy of final draft of Legal Research, which has been revised and signed by examiners, Head of Department and Dean; and
- Submit above documents to the academic office at 1st floor of Building II Faculty of Law UGM.