Once the draft of the Legal Research is submitted and approved by the supervisor, the student will be assigned a date for the Defense by the Secretariat. In the defense a board of examiners consisting of three lecturers will verbally examine the student with respect to the quality of his or her Legal Research.
In order to be assigned a Defense date, a student needs to prepare Legal Research draft signed by Legal Research Supervisor (three copies) and the soft copy of the following documents, upon express approval by the Legal Research Supervisor;
- Application form signed by Legal Research Supervisor;
- Academic Transcript signed by Head for Academic and Students Affairs;
- Copy of Student Card;
- One piece of recent colored photograph;
- Copy of Legal Research Consultation Record signed Legal Research Supervisor;
- Printed Study Plan (KRS)of current semester;
- Receipt of latest tuition fee;
- Certificate in participating an international activity; and
- Complete the Legal Research Defense Application
- To join Graduation Ceremony on February, all the required documents shall be submitted to Academic Secretariat of IUP on the first week of January for the latest.
- To join Graduation Ceremony on May, all the required documents shall be submitted to Academic Secretariat of IUP on the first week of April for the latest.
- To join Graduation Ceremony on August, all the required documents shall be submitted to Academic Secretariat of IUP on the first week of July for the latest.
- To join Graduation Ceremony on November, all the required documents shall be submitted to Academic Secretariat of IUP on the first week of October for the latest.
- Secretariat will give an announcement regarding the schedule of the Legal Research defense
- Student defends his/her Legal Research on the D day before the board of examiners
- The date of the Defense shall be announced immediately upon submission of all required documents. The Defense date shall generally be one week after the submission of documents.
- The Defense shall be held verbally before a board of three examiners in one sitting.
- The duration of a Defense shall not generally exceed one hour.
On the day of the Defense:
- Only the following documents are admissible into the examination room:
- Student ID and a hard copy thereof;
- His or her own copy of the Legal Research draft; and
- Pen or pencil or highlighter.
- The outfit for the Defense shall be as follows:
- Men: white long-sleeve dress shirt, black necktie, black trousers, dress shoes; or
- Women: white long-sleeve dress shirt, black necktie, black skirt, dress shoes.
- Nungki Adiyanti (13/343070/HK/19354) “The Compliance of Corporate Social Responsibility of PT Supreme Energy Muara Laboh with The Prevailing Laws and Regulations and The Impact Towards Local Resident” on Tuesday, 11 December 2018 at 13.00 in IV.2.11A
- Julian Martin (14/367756/HK/20177)”A Comparative Study between Indonesia and the United States of America on the Regulation and Application of Fair Use Principle in relation to Song Parodies” on Thursday, 13 December 2018 at 13.00 in IV.2.11A
- Rizky Rachmadina Wawanda (13/350336/HK/19681) “Legal Analysis on Regulation of Minister of Energy and Mineral Resources Number 8/2017 in Applying Local Content Subsidies in Terms of Subsidies and Countervailing Measures Agreement (SCM Agreement)” on Thursday, 13 December 2018 at 14.00 in IV.2.11A
- Hanggana Raras P Titika “The Legal Responsibility of Travel Agent to Consumers concerning Airline Refund Ticketing in Special Region of Yogyakarta (Case Study of PT Gama Wisata)” Thursday, 20 December 2018 at 11.00 in IV.2.11A
- Samuel Evan Hardy “Legal Analysis Towards article 20 of Act 13 Year 2016 in Relation To Indonesia’s Obligation under the TRIPS agreement” on Thursday, 20 December 2018 at 12.00 in IV.2.11A
- Bagir Bintang Bahana “Addressing the Status Quo: Analysis of the Urgency and Challenges of Regulating Companies’ Usage of Big Data in Indonesia” on Friday, 21 December 2018 at 13.30 in IV.2.11B
- Amal Fahmi “Consumer Protection Point of View on Compensation for Parking Service User at Side-Road According to Regional Law City of Yogyakarta number 18 year 2009” on Thursday, 3 January 2019 at 11.00 in IV.2.11A.
- Johanna Devi “Remedies for Shipowner in Charterer’s Failure to Remit Charter Fees: A Comparative Study between Indonesian and Singapore Law” on Monday 7 January 2019 at 09.30 in IV.2.11B.
- Indira Jauhara Pratiwi “Analysis on the Implementation of the Schedule of Specific Commitments of General Agreement on Trade in Services on Financial Services for Financial Technology: Case Study of PayPal in Indonesia” on Monday 7 January 2019 at 10.00 in IV.2.11A.
- Giok Kinski M. D. A. “The Consequences of the Implementation of Ministry of Energy and Mineral Resources Regulation No. 48/2017 Concerning Business Supervision on the Sector of Energy and Mineral Resources Towards Investment Climate of Upstream Business Activities in Indonesia (case Study: Provisions Concerning the Transfer of Participating Interest” on Thursday, 10 January 2019 at 11.00 in IV.2.11A.
- Sunia Baharani “Analysis on First-Sale Doctrine and Parallel Importation on Copyrighted Goods: A Case Study of Kirtsaeng v. John Wiley, & Sons, Inc. and How Indonesian Copyright Law Deals with It” on Tuesday, 15 January 2019 at 09.30 in IV.2.11B.
- Prima Mega Purwatama “Legal Analysis on the Renewable Energy Directive II of European Union Pursuant to Article III of General Agreement on Tariffs and Trade 1994 Concerning National Treatment Obligation” on Tuesday, 15 January 2019 at 13.00 in IV.2.11B.
- Pratyaksha Witaraga Paripurna “Analysis on The Legal Protection of Ride Hailing Transportation Drivers from Indonesian Antimonopoly Law Aspect” on Wednesday, 16 January 2019 at 09.30 in IV.2.11B.
- Nadia Handayani “An Analysis on the Consistency of Indonesia’s Measure on Investment in Services with the Indonesia-Japan Economic Partnership Agreement (IJEPA) in relevance to General Agreement on Trade in Services (GATS) under World Trade Organization (WTO)” on Wednesday, 16 January 2019 at 10.30 in IV.2.11B.
- Tiara Ananda Putri “Consumer Legal Protection in the Space Lease Services according to Law Number 8 of 1999 regarding Consumer Protection (Case Study on PT. PS in Kalibata, South Jakarta)” on Wednesday, 16 January 2019 at 11.30 in IV.2.11A.
- Omar Aviv Rajasa “The Analysis on the Preventive Measures of Non-performing Loan (NPL) in the Scope of Peer-to-Peer Lending: a Comparative Study Between Indonesia and Singapore” on Monday, 28 January 2019 at 10.00 in IV.2.11A.
Please note that in order to get the grade, a student who passed the Legal Research Defense, s/he shall;
- Submit compact disk containing soft copy of final draft of Legal Research, which has been revised and signed by examiners, Head of Department and Dean, format PDF;
- Show the hard copy of final draft of Legal Research, which has been revised and signed by examiners, Head of Department and Dean; and
- Submit above documents to the academic office at 1st floor of Building II Faculty of Law UGM.