Once the draft of the Legal Research is submitted and approved by the supervisor, the student will be assigned a date for the Defense by the Secretariat. In the defense a board of examiners consisting of three lecturers will verbally examine the student with respect to the quality of his or her Legal Research.
In order to be assigned a Defense date, a student needs to prepare Legal Research draft signed by Legal Research Supervisor (three copies) and the soft copy of the following documents, upon express approval by the Legal Research Supervisor;
- Application form signed by Legal Research Supervisor;
- Academic Transcript signed by Head for Academic and Students Affairs;
- Copy of Student Card;
- One piece of recent colored photograph;
- Copy of Legal Research Consultation Record signed Legal Research Supervisor;
- Printed Study Plan (KRS)of current semester;
- Receipt of latest tuition fee;
- Certificate in participating an international activity; and
- Complete the Legal Research Defense Application
- To join Graduation Ceremony on February, all the required documents shall be submitted to Academic Secretariat of IUP on the first week of January for the latest.
- To join Graduation Ceremony on May, all the required documents shall be submitted to Academic Secretariat of IUP on the first week of April for the latest.
- To join Graduation Ceremony on August, all the required documents shall be submitted to Academic Secretariat of IUP on the first week of July for the latest.
- To join Graduation Ceremony on November, all the required documents shall be submitted to Academic Secretariat of IUP on the first week of October for the latest.
- Secretariat will give an announcement regarding the schedule of the Legal Research defense
- Student defends his/her Legal Research on the D day before the board of examiners
- The date of the Defense shall be announced immediately upon submission of all required documents. The Defense date shall generally be one week after the submission of documents.
- The Defense shall be held verbally before a board of three examiners in one sitting.
- The duration of a Defense shall not generally exceed one hour.
On the day of the Defense:
- Only the following documents are admissible into the examination room:
- Student ID and a hard copy thereof;
- His or her own copy of the Legal Research draft; and
- Pen or pencil or highlighter.
- The outfit for the Defense shall be as follows:
- Men: white long-sleeve dress shirt, black necktie, black trousers, dress shoes; or
- Women: white long-sleeve dress shirt, black necktie, black skirt, dress shoes.
- Nungki Adiyanti (13/343070/HK/19354) “The Compliance of Corporate Social Responsibility of PT Supreme Energy Muara Laboh with The Prevailing Laws and Regulations and The Impact Towards Local Resident” on Tuesday, 11 December 2018 at 13.00 in IV.2.11A
- Julian Martin (14/367756/HK/20177)”A Comparative Study between Indonesia and the United States of America on the Regulation and Application of Fair Use Principle in relation to Song Parodies” on Thursday, 13 December 2018 at 13.00 in IV.2.11A
- Rizky Rachmadina Wawanda (13/350336/HK/19681) “Legal Analysis on Regulation of Minister of Energy and Mineral Resources Number 8/2017 in Applying Local Content Subsidies in Terms of Subsidies and Countervailing Measures Agreement (SCM Agreement)” on Thursday, 13 December 2018 at 14.00 in IV.2.11A
Please note that in order to get the grade, a student who passed the Legal Research Defense, s/he shall;
- Submit compact disk containing soft copy of final draft of Legal Research, which has been revised and signed by examiners, Head of Department and Dean, format PDF;
- Show the hard copy of final draft of Legal Research, which has been revised and signed by examiners, Head of Department and Dean; and
- Submit above documents to the academic office at 1st floor of Building II Faculty of Law UGM.