One of the most significant advantages of being a student at IUP FH UGM is the availability of a dual degree opportunity. This means the exceptional IUP students have the chance to obtain two undergraduate degrees in law, one from UGM and one from a partner university abroad, without having to spend three to four extra years. In approximately four years successful candidates will have obtained a Sarjana Hukum degree from UGM and a Legum Baccalaureus(Bachelor of Laws/LL.B.) from a partner university. The Faculty is currently under negotiation with more prospective partners for a dual undergraduate scheme, but at the present there are two universities students can choose to pursue a second degree:
- Charles Darwin University School of Law, Australia; and
- Maastricht University School of Law, The Netherlands.
Dual Degree Program with the Charles Darwin University School of Law
FH UGM concluded an agreement with the Charles Darwin School of Law to enable students to obtain two undergraduate degrees in law: Sarjana Hukum from UGM and Legum Baccalaureus from Charles Darwin University.
Term of Study
In this Double Degree program the student will undergo two years of study at IUP FH UGM and then continue for two more years at the Charles Darwin School of Law. At the end of the term the graduate will be awarded two undergraduate degrees in law.
Dual Degree Program with the Maastricht University School of Law
Dual Degree program between FH UGM and School of Law in the Maastricht University, The Netherlands will be a good opportunity for students to pursue. A student will get two valuable degrees effectively without losing time within four years.
Term of Study
In this Double Degree program a student will undergo first year of study at IUP FH UGM and then continue for two years at Maastricht University and spend one year again at IUP FH UGM. At the end of the term the graduate will be awarded two undergraduate degrees in law.
To apply Dual Degree (DD), a student shall complete this following procudure
- Complete online Application ;
- Completed of Minimum of 80 (eighty seven) credits at UGM for applying DD in the Charles Darwin University School of Law and 41 credits for applying DD in the Maastricht University European Law School;
- Complete offline Application form (available at Secretariat of IUP);
- Curriculum Vitae;
- Copy of student card;
- Study plan (KRS) of the current semester;
- Academic transcript with minimum GPA 3.25 signed by Head of Academic and Student Affairs;
- Copy of TOEFL score with minimum 550 or IELTS with minimum score 6.5;
- Motivation letter;
- Confidential reference form (to be written by a lecturer and send directly via email to firstname.lastname@example.org);
- Health certificate; a) Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory or MMPI test (taken at dr. Sarjito Hospital,Yogyakarta and the result shall be sent directly by dr. Sarjito Hospital to Secretariat IUP); and b) Health certificate from a doctor.
- Copy of passport;
- Two identical photographs (3.5 cm x 4.5 cm);
- Endorsement of the candidate from IUP FH UGM following an internal selection process; and
- Payment of tuition fee to the partner University.
- Deadline of application will be closed by Monday 15 April 2019
- The announcement for short listed candidates to be invited for next phase will be on 22 April 2019
- Written exam will be on Friday 26 April 2019 at 13.00 in IUP Meeting room
- Interview session will be on Monday 29 April 2019 at 13.00 in IUP Meeting room
- Announcement of selected candidate(s) will be on May 2019