How and When
Before the commence of a new semester each student must choose the courses they want to take by filling out a Study Plan (Kartu Rencana Studi/ KRS) on the Portal Akademik Mahasiswa dan Dosen (Palawa), which is the central academic online system at http://palawa.ugm.ac.id. Each student can log onto the Portal using their Student Registration Number (Nomor Induk Mahasiswa/NIM). The amount of credits a student may take in each semester (with the exception of the first semester) depends on their Grade Point Average (Indeks Prestasi Kumulatif/GPA/IPK) obtained in the previous semester, as formulated below:
- GPA ≥ 3.00 : maximum 24 credits;
- GPA 2.50-2.99 : maximum 21 credits;
- GPA 2.00-2.49 : maximum 18 credits;
- GPA 1.50-1.99 : maximum 15 credits; and
- GPA ≤ 1.49 : maximum 12 credits.
Schedule for online Study Plan (KRS) for Semester 2 of Academic Year 2018/2019 is on 1 – 5 February 2019.
Below is the list of courses in semester 2 of academic year 2018/2019
- International Law (4 credits)
- Constitutional Law (4 credits)
- Administrative Law (4 credits)
- Civil Law (4 credits)
- Criminal Law (4 credits)
- Research Methodology (3 credits)
- Contract Law (3 credits)
- Adat Law (2 credits)
- Tax Law (4 credits)
- Special Criminal Law (3 credits)
- Natural Resources Law (3 credits)
- International Economic Law (2 credits)
- International Business Transactions (3 credits)
- Civil Procedural Law (4 credits)
- Interviewing, Counseling and Negotiation (3 credits)
- Criminal Court Practice (4 credits)
- Internship II (2 credits)
- Legal Research (4 credits)
Besides four courses above, students of year 3 are offered courses for concentration area.
Business Law Concentration Courses;
- Insurance Law (3 credits)
- Company Law (3 credits)
- Banking Law (3 credits)
International Law Concentration Courses;
- Law of Treaty (3 credits)
- International Law of the Sea (3 credits)
- Diplomatic Law (3 credits)
Constitutional Law Concentration Courses;
- Indonesian Judiciary (3 credits)
- Local Government Law (3 credits)
- The Presidency (3 credits)
Criminal Law Concentration Courses;
- Penitentiary Law (3 credits)
- Criminology and Victimology (3 credits)
- Transnational Crimes (3 credits).
Please note for a student whose Faculty Registration Number (NIF) is ended with odd number (e.g. 1, 3, 5, 7, etc), s/he shall choose class A for courses in year 1 – 2, and for a student whose NIF is ended with even number (e.g. 2, 4, 6, etc) s/he shall choose class B for courses in year 1 – 2. In addition to that for those students who will apply for Concentration Area please submit Concentration Registration Form and for those who will take cross department elective courses you may use Cross Department Elective Course Registration Form
If you have any difficulties in doing online study plan (KRS), please contact IUP Secretariat during office hours.
You may find that your classes are scheduled at the same time and to avoid this situation you are allowed to modify your study plan by enrolling to another class. For your information that modification of study plan is allowed only for changing the class for instance from class A to class B and not for substituting one course to another course. This modification is served during the first week of new semester (11 – 15 February 2019) by filling and submitting the Study Plan Modification Request Form at the Academic Office.
Please note that you shall check your online Study Plan at Academic system (palawa) frequently after you submit the modification form. If within a week you find that you are not registered in a class(es) you requested, please contact the academic office.