Procedure How to choose a course to replace Internship Course during Pandemic Covid-19.
Step 1: Please be mindful to the following information
- A student may take a replacement course from: (a) any optional course offered by the IUP (any concentration course beyond a student’s concentration); (b) any course offered by regular program of bachelor of law, focusing on the skills (PLKH alternatif); or (c) any course offered by other bachelor study programs – either IUP or regular – from outside the Faculty of Law but under UGM.
- Taking a replacement course offered by our faculty is rather simple. To take optional course offered by IUP, you may choose on the Simaster, an elective course beyond the student concentration (NB. please ensure that you have passed the minimum credit/SKS in doing so; there is no requirement pertaining to the minimum grade); OR, if you wish to take a replacement course from regular program, then you may pick any course under PLKH alternatif. By saying this, you shall not choose “internship” on the Simaster, but the name of the desired course.
- Taking a replacement course offered by another faculty is also possible, but it may need a longer procedure and the quota is very limited. To apply the student shall ensure that s/he is eligible to take the course (it is offered to the law students or to any student from any faculty, it is permitted under certain minimum SKS requirements, and so forth). Afterwards, the student shall report and register (online) her/himself to the academic office at the faculty of law; our faculty will coordinate the matter to our faculty partner. It is relevant to underline that our partner may set maximum limit of the external students who wish to take their courses. If this situation applies whereas the applicants are exceeding the seats, then the academic office will determine this by “first come first served” basis. “Come” in this phrase refers to online registration as previously mentioned.
- A student, may take the replacement course with the weight of credit more than the weight of credit for internship. However, the student shall consider this carefully, because IUP cannot loosen the maximum course that each student has. Hence, let say, a student has an ordinary academic performance on the previous semester and, as a consequence, he is only allowed to take maximum 20 credits this semester. Therefore, the substitution/replacement course shall be included under those 20 credits.
- After a student accomplishes the course and obtains his/her score, the student shall report to the IUP secretariat and the secretariat will convert the name of the course and the credit to be “internship I/II” with the credit of 2 SKS. No conversion will be conducted pertaining to the score. Hence, imagine that there is an IUP student take a replacement course titled “Sosiologi Energi” offered by the Faculty of Political Science. It is “3 SKS”, and s/he obtains a score “A/B”. It then will be converted to our system as “internship I/II”, “2 SKS” with the score “A/B”. Since simaster cannot delete the courses which have been approved during the period of KRS, the courses which have been converted into “internship I/II” will remain exist in simaster with grade T. A student shall no worries about this issue because these courses will be automatically withdrawn in the final transcript given at the graduation time.
Step 2: To register a course as a replacement for Internship please follow this below procedure;
- Apply registration form
- Faculty will set the course at the Simaster
- Student choose the course at Simaster
- Please make sure that your KRS has been approved to be able to join the class.
Step 3: Having completed the course, a student shall apply for transfer credit below;
- Complete the online application form
- Verification and credit transfer process
- When process is completed, students may check the updated transcript via simaster