One of the most significant advantages of being a student at IUP FH UGM is the availability of a dual degree opportunity. This means the exceptional IUP students have the chance to obtain two undergraduate degrees in law, one from UGM and one from a partner university abroad namely the School of Law at University of Maastricht, The Netherlands, without having to spend extra years. In approximately four years successful candidates will have obtained a Sarjana Hukum degree from UGM and a Legum Baccalaureus(Bachelor of Laws/LL.B.) from a partner university.
Joining Dual Degree program between FH UGM and School of Law in the University of Maastricht, The Netherlands will be a good opportunity for students to pursue. A student will get two valuable degrees effectively without losing time within four years.
Term of Study
In this Double Degree program a student will undergo first year of study at IUP FH UGM and then continue for two years at Maastricht University and spend one year again at IUP FH UGM. At the end of the term the graduate will be awarded two undergraduate degrees in law.
Please note that during the global pandemic nowadays, it is important to be understood that our partner universities may conduct the lectures either fully online or blended learning method.
Application: February 2022
Internal Selection: Early March 2022
Nomination : March 2022
To apply Dual Degree (DD) Program, a student shall have an outstanding performance in semester 1. The result of 2nd semester will be used as the final consideration to grant or not to grant the nomination to the applicant(s).
In order to be admitted for internal selection a student shall complete this following procedure;
- Complete offline Application form;
- Complete online Application ;
- Curriculum Vitae;
- Copy of student card;
- Study plan (KRS) of the current semester;
- Academic transcript with minimum GPA 3.2;
- Copy of TOEFL score with minimum 550 or IELTS with minimum score 6.5; It is advised that student(s) can prepare this result as early as possible (possible in semester 1).
- Motivation letter;
- Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory 2 (MMPI 2) test result from hospital type A , B or C. For this result, IUP will only consider detail result which includes the scores/graphic and also the detail remarks issued by hospital as the following sample: Sample of the MMPI-2 Result. A certain hospital may not give the patient a detailed numeric score of the MMPI 2 test, i.e Dr Sardjito Hospital. Thus, a student should anticipate by asking clarification on the first place to the hospital whether or not they are able to provide the detail score like the sample above. If they cannot, please seek another hospital
- Copy of passport;
After a student completes the application documents, IUP will conduct an internal selection process which consist of two tests namely Writing Test and Interview, and to be followed by nominating the candidates to partner university.
Note: It is important for students who are applying Double Degree Program at University of Maastricht to register also via this link: studielink.nl at the early stage of application by choosing “European Law School” for its study program. To know about the “European Law School” at University of Maastricht you may explore at the following link: “European Law School”